Monday, December 15, 2014

Running in 2014

This year has been a year full of ups and downs in terms of running. I started off the year fairly strongly - setting a goal to run 500 miles by the end of the year.

I stuck to that goal, training for the Princess Half Marathon and running another half marathon in the beginning of February - PRing in both those races.


I ran a sub-60 10k in training, showing some serious progress for myself and I was proud of where I was going in my training.


Then, I got hurt. I was out for nearly 8 weeks and I've just never really gotten back into the groove of things.

Although, I spent a lot of time at the gym

I went to Europe and didn't run as much as I had planned. Then, I moved to the Bahamas and still didn't run as much as I wanted to or as much as I used to. I've virtually lost the motivation I had for running before my injury. I desperately want it back, but I'm having trouble forcing myself back into the habit.
So I can drink more of these

As of the writing of this post, I've only run 358 miles. There's no way that I'm going to make the 500 miles that I've set this year. I'm telling myself that that's okay. I can start fresh in the new year. I'll keep running over these next few weeks and see where I'm going to get to at the end of the year, but I will fall short.


I have big goals set for next year (in my head at least). It'll be all about translating that and putting it into fruition. I'm planning on running outside again this winter. I'm planning on getting back my motivation. My love for running is still there, I feel it every time I go for a run, so it's all about getting that motivation back!

How did your running go in 2014? What are your tips for getting your motivation back?