Saturday, November 7, 2015

Hi There

It's been a LONG time since I've last updated this little blog. I've gone back and forth between starting a new one or deleting this one, but ultimately have done nothing with it.

My health and fitness journey has still been derailed until about a month ago, when I started running fairly regularly again (3x a week). I'm still nowhere near where I was before, but I'm feeling better about myself and my choices!


So, I didn't really log all my runs, but look at how minimal my running has been over the last year!

I've also made the decision to go dairy free. I've been lactose intolerant for almost my entire life, but I continued to eat dairy products. For the last year, I've been feeling pretty awful every time I've eaten dairy, so about a month ago, I decided to cut dairy out cold turkey. My body feels amazing - the best it's felt since I went vegetarian almost 7 years ago. I'm excited to move back to civilization soon and experiment with more dairy free options and recipes! And, I'm meeting my family in Orlando for Thanksgiving, so I will get to have a Dole Whip still because they are dairy free :)

Time to try alternatives to this beauty

Yes - I said move back to civilization soon. For any readers who have spent any amount of time reading my blog in the last year and a half, you remember that I've lived on a family island in The Bahamas for that same amount of time. I've reached a cross-roads here; my contract is expiring in December and I'm not sure what my next move is. I'm itching for a new adventure (I can tell because I want to cut all my hair off again and that's what I do when I make life changes). I've applied to a PhD program, inquired about others, and I've applied to quite a few jobs. I honestly have no idea where I'm going in December and to be honest, it's stressing me out. I know that everything will work out, but I'm SO not good with the not knowing.


Fill me in on things that I've missed! How have your fitness goals changed?